Joey gets PB and

Terry

4 lb test line,

monster, not the fish we thought

I took video for about 20 minutes and just as she got the fish to the hole the cameras card was full

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> Edited by Terry

it took so long to bring in the fish, I broke the record into a few files, but I had to delete twice so I could get the fish coming up the hole, but the card filled up for a third time and as I was deleting some files she had the fish's head out of the hole so I was SOL, then we used her camera to take all the pictures

so we wait till she post about it

Well, what a fantastic start to the New Year for fishing :thumbsup_anim:

As Terry said, she was a brute and our 25 lb scale bottomed out so we aren't really sure how much she ways. Probably close to 30 lbs I'm sure.

We had a hard time getting her through the hole, but finally she must have exhaled some air and out she came, like Lady Simcoe giving birth :lol:

Here she is.

2155020355_3c981abf6e_b.jpg

2155046835_78393ed73e_b.jpg

2155813882_efa6d8c95b_b.jpg

2155816556_b924faf01f_b.jpg

What a thrill.

Thanks for the video Terry and the company. A pleasure as always.

Joey

Cool, so how do I get it officially weighed?

I stood on the scale at home and then on the scale with the fish (Paul did it also) and it was 28.4 lbs. both times.

And for those asking, it did not live long after being caught. It was a long fight and coming through the hole was a bit much for it I think.

Paul's has a co-worker who loves carp so he will be eating it. I should get it weighed first tho I think.

Joey

it took so long to bring in the fish, I broke the record into a few files, but I had to delete twice so I could get the fish coming up the hole, but the card filled up for a third time and as I was deleting some files she had the fish's head out of the hole so I was SOL, then we used her camera to take all the pictures

so we wait till she post about it

I was joking of course and I sympathize. Hard to know how long landing a monster like that will take.

Cool, so how do I get it officially weighed?

I stood on the scale at home and then on the scale with the fish (Paul did it also) and it was 28.4 lbs. both times.

And for those asking, it did not live long after being caught. It was a long fight and coming through the hole was a bit much for it I think.

Paul's has a co-worker who loves carp so he will be eating it. I should get it weighed first tho I think.

Joey

I'm not sure how you get it weighed officially but keep in mind to get a line size record your line has to be tested too. It must break within a certain weight too.

Here is a set of rules by the ofah

http://www.ofah.org/GetPDF.cfm?ID=Fish/RecdFish.pdf

LOL snagged it? It wouldn`t have possibly eaten the Perch on purpose, they don`t eat meat. LOL

Hahahaha, I wasn't using the perch for bait, LOL. I was using a flashy lure with a minnow, and it was caught by the lips. The perch was a comparison shot B)

Joey